Empowering Women: education and advocacy for the health and human rights of LBT women
The project Empowering LBT Women, the newest initiative of Lithuanian Gay League, aims at empowering Lithuanian LBT community and raising public awareness about the human rights of lesbians, bisexual, transsexual and transgender persons.
Our supporters: The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and The American Center in Vilnius.
We are encouraging not only local community, but also our international friends and colleagues to join us by sharing the ideas, experience and support. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within a 12-month comprehensive program, we will carry out seminars, workshops, consolidation action, and promotion campaign. In order to combat the stereotypes and increase the visibility of LBT community we plan the production of promotional items, written articles and press releases.
Our project consists of four main components: advocacy, education, support, and empowerment.
Advocacy for LBT Women
- Seminar on LBT advocacy
- 2 seminars on mental health needs of LBT women
- 2 workshops focused on sexual and reproductive health of LBT women
- Production of posters and cards
- Production of the brochure “Ten things LBT women should discuss with their health care provider”
- Promotional campaign
- Strategic planning workshop
- Publishing the book “Empowering women to advocate for LBT women rights in Lithuania”
- Student seminars
- Creation of a group of initiative women who will work as advocates for women’s rights