The National LGBT* rights organization LGL is a national nonprofit, nongovernmental organization uniting homosexual, bisexual and transgender persons. A member of the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) since 1994.
Our vision: a respectful, open, and inclusive Lithuanian society that is free of discriminatory homophobic, bi-phobic and transphobic attitudes.
Our mission: Lithuanian gay league is an advocacy organization dedicated to fighting homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Through education, support, and representation of the LGBT community, LGL promotes an inclusive social environment for gay men, lesbian women, bisexual and transgender persons.
The values and principles of our organization:
- respect and diversity;
- equal opportunities for participation in organization activities;
- voluntary participation;
- confidentiality of membership;
General fields of activity:
- human rights and equal opportunities;
- sport and cultural initiatives;
- health and lifestyle;
- social inclusion;
- family rights;
- empowerment of organization members and encouragement of societal groups to participate in organization activities;
- organizational competence and capacity building.