You want to take part in LGBT* human rights progress in Lithuania? The action of national LGBT* rights organization LGL interests you greatly? You would like to become a member of LGL association? All of this is possible!
On 11th of March, 2015 during the General meeting of LGL members the new statutes of the association LGL, which define membership, rights and obligations of LGL members, have been confirmed. By becoming a member of LGL you gain the right to participate and vote in General meeting of LGL members, to be elected and to elect members of LGL Board, take part in LGL activities, use services provided by the organization, to make suggestions for further LGL activities and to contribute to real changes in Lithuania!
How to become a member of LGL?
- Submit a completed and signed application form to the Board of LGL by email email@example.com, bring it to LGBT center or mail it there to Pylimo str. 21, Vilnius.
LGL MEMBER APPLICATION FORM (for printing)
- Attach signed recommendations of two LGL members to your application.
Who can become a member of LGL?
- Persons who are at least 14 (fourteen) years old.
- Minors from fourteen to eighteen years old acquire rights and obligations in the association by the directives of Civil code.
- The Board of LGL makes the decision of accepting a person to the members of LGL. A person is approved as a member if at least 2/3 of the Board members approve of it and if the person pays their annual membership fee of 10 euros for the year 2017 in 14 days since the approval. If the fee is not paid in time, the person does not gain the membership.
When does the membership in LGL end?
- when a written request to leave LGL is submitted to the Board Chair;
- when the member has not payed their membership fee in time that is appointed by the Board;
- when the member is expelled by vote of 2/3 of the Board members.
LGL members must:
- Follow the statute of LGL, as well as resolutions of General meeting of members and of the Board;
- Pay the membership fee on time as appointed by the Board;
- Be as active in implementation of LGL objectives as possible;
- Abstain from any measures or actions that may negatively affect the reputation or image of LGL and/or discredit activity of LGL and its members.
Have you made your decision to become a member of LGL? Submit a completed and signed application form to the Board of LGL by email firstname.lastname@example.org, bring it to LGBT center or mail it there to Pylimo str. 21, Vilnius. Do not forget to attach signed recommendations of two LGL members. Become a member of LGL – together we can achieve more!