- To make a needs assessment in a participative way on needs produced by gender-based violence in childhood, focusing on LGBTI and gender non-conforming children.
- To map the good practices regarding attention in the intersection between gender, sexuality and childhood in 5 key spheres: school, health, family, public spaces and media.
- To design working methods and practical tools for professionals and children.
- To implement innovative actions which allow for the unfolding of new inclusive intervention proposals, as well as evaluating their impact.
- To promote interagency and multidisciplinary cooperation between public bodies, NGOs and other relevant agencies working with children and gender-based violence.
- To increase professional, personal, peer groups and proximity environment abilities to favour the well-being of LGBT and gender non-conforming children through training of trainers.
- To raise awareness on diversity in gender expression as well as gender-based violence in childhood with impact throughout the whole life cycle.
- Needs assessment and good practices collection
- Elaboration of innovative work proposals
- Training and Cooperation between stakeholders
- Awareness-campaign and dissemination activities
Type and number of persons benefiting:
- 210 children, especially LGBTI and gender non-conforming children:
- 1200 professionals trained
- 100 decision makers
- 200 international students and professionals in MOOC
- 18 trainers
- 3400 readers of the handbook
- Children and professionals users of the virtual app
- General public through awareness-campaign
- Academia sphere through scientific papers
- EU bodies and public bodies
- Trainers from equality bodies and childhood agencies
- Awareness raising and prejudice reduction.
- Improvement of violence protection and support to LGBTI and gender non-conforming children.
- Risk reduction of violence.
- Provision of effective tools to stakeholders.
- Strengthening of the well-being and the fundamental rights of LGBTI and gender non-conforming children.
- Deeper knowledge on the multiple dimensions of violence against children
- Increased empowerment of LGBTI and gender non-conforming children victims.
- Embedding of child safeguarding standards across a wide range of professionals and stakeholders to better protect children in particular from harm, abuse, and violence.
Type and number of deliverables to be produced
- 550 online surveys
- 110 in-depth interviews
- 9 national analysis
- 1 comparative analysis
- Collection of 50 good practices
- 1 handbook for professionals
- 1 interactive app
- 2 training module for trainers of professionals and children
- 55 training for professionals and seminars for stakeholders
- 14 workshops with children
- 1 MOOC
- 1 day final conference
- 1 position paper
All you need to know about LGBT: Α new online app available for youngsters
LGL Representatives Participated in the “DIVERSITY-CHILDHOOD” Conference in Barcelona
LGL Video Urges to Consider the Needs of LGBT Children During COVID-19 Restrictions