Baltic Pride 2022 communication campaign aims to reach at least 500 000 people in Lithuania and abroad which would contribute not only to the success of the largest LGBTIQ rights festival in Lithuania but will also affect the societal attitudes towards LGBTIQ+ community which is elemental for advancing equality, fostering diversity and inclusion. It will be designed in a way to counteract the adverse effects of still prevalent anti-LGBTI political narratives through positive messaging, online campaigning, instilling confidence in LGBTIQ+ community through building inter-sectoral allyship and increasing LGBTIQ+ visibility by strengthening human rights discourse in the media.
Baltic Pride 2022 festival will be composed of series of events taking place both in Vilnius and Kaunas: Pride Voices event in Kaunas (June 2, 2022), International human rights and equal opportunities conference PROUD CITIES in Vilnius (June 3, 2022), March for LGBTI equality in the centre of Vilnius that will be concluded with concert next to White Bridge (June 4, 2022).
Measures and activities:
- Baltic Pride 2022 Communication Plan
- Baltic Pride 2022 App
- Expert articles in the context of Baltic Pride 2022 – (3 additional articles will specifically aim to the international media outlets (e.g. Deutsche Welle, Reuters)
- Baltic Pride 2022 promotional video production and dissemination
- Baltic Pride 2022 magazine
- Baltic Pride 2022 landing page
- Baltic Pride 2022 Studio
- Rainbow Bus Campaign
- Baltic Pride Banner Ads Campaign
- Newsletter on LGBTIQ human rights situation, Baltic Pride 2022 news and updates
The success of the proposed project and it is expected to generate largely relies on increased awareness of the public regarding issues specific to LGBTIQ+ people as well as the general ideas of diversity and inclusion. The project activities designated to benefit the overall reach and success of Baltic Pride 2022 festival, which in itself is a continuous effort and a foundation for other community events and initiatives.