The National LGBT* rights organization LGL, in cooperation with organizations from the National Equality and Diversity Forum (NEDF), is carrying out a project for institutional development of associations uniting non-governmental organizations, which aims to strengthen the activities of the NEDF NGOs coalition.
- to participate in social and equal opportunity policy formation and implementation processes, to develop the representation vulnerable groups;
- to educate and raise awareness in the public, to promote human rights, equality and diversity;
- to ensure the sustainability of NEDF activities and strengthen it institutionally.
- to develop NEDF participation in public decision making, to strengthen member competences;
- to develop cooperation between NEDF, NGOs and governmental agencies by ensuring long term partnerships;
- to publicize NEDF activities by developing communication and spread of information;
- to develop cooperation between NGOs and public sector organizations;
- to organize special training with a view to transferring public services to NGOs;
- to formalize NEDF activities, to implement self-regulation and transparency;
- to develop NEDF members competences on non-discrimination and equality policies, advocacy and communication.
The project will also include participation in inter-institutional work groups, committees and commissions; a national conference preliminary named “The importance of cooperation between non-governmental organizations and governmental agencies in implementing policy measures against multiple discrimination”; monitoring of the implementation of an anti-discrimination measure plan; meetings on public policy issues; NEDF action report for 2016-2017; participation in conferences abroad with a view to learning good practices in non-discrimination and equality policy area from NGOs and their networks.
Estimated duration of the project – 4 months. The project will be implemented from September 1, 2017, until December 31, 2017.
The project is supported by the Ministry of Social Security and Labor of the Republic of Lithuania.