You are fired up for human rights, equality and want to gain experience in LGBT* activism?
You are interested in artistic activism and non – formal education?
You are ready to explore the (almost) unknown Lithuanian culture?
Then LGL is looking for YOU!
The ‘National LGBT* Rights Organisation LGL’ was founded in 1995 in Vilnius as the ‘Lithuanian Gay League’. It is the only organization in Lithuania exclusively representing the interests of the local LGBT* community. You can read more about LGL on www.lgl.lt/en.
The country is situated in Eastern Europe and has approximately 3 million inhabitants, the capital is Vilnius. Although Lithuania is a member of the European Union it often struggles with equal rights for the LGBT* community. For more info click here.
LGL offers you many opportunities and challenges. Together with us you can discover what advocacy is, how design can contribute to community building, what the life of an activist looks like, why we need community work, how a project work based organization can survive, what social marketing is, and much, much more.
“Democracy and art intertwined: working towards empowered and active LGBT community and allies in Lithuania” involves two young people from Italy and Slovakia motivated and passionate about LGBT persons rights are willing to spend 10 months in Lithuania, where at the LGL office they will carry out their voluntary service.
- Taking part in Tallinn Baltic Pride 2017 (in Estonia);
- Helping to build and empower a community which would become an active participant of the civic and advocacy action;
- Working on research and actions on EU law, human rights, advocacy and other areas;
- Organizing community building activities such as organizing community events, movies nights, workshop and meetings;
- Studying of the non-formal education, artistic activism methods;
- Engaging in individual projects and ideas;
- Information dissemination activities (social media).
We are looking for volunteers, who are:
- passionate about human rights;
- have artistic nature;
- open – minded and willing to learn;
- willing to engage in LGBT community building activities.
Human rights are your pride? You are at least 18 years old? Then start your 10-month EVS at LGL in April 2017!
Apply! Send your CV and a project-related motivation letter till January 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Vilnius!