For this EVS project two volunteers, one from Poland and one from Italy, will be involved in LGL activities.
The project aims are:
- to develop new means, approaches and methods of work with the local LGBT youth community;
- to strengthen and develop international and local cooperation and communication;
- to encourage active participation of young LGBT people in the 2014 European Parliament election;
- to facilitate the learning process for the volunteers to develop practical skills, acquire knowledge, express own ideas;
- to give the possibility for young people from beyond the European Union to meet the values promoted by the European Community and spread them within their own countries;
- to develop creativity of young activists and give them new skills which they could use in their future life.
Regular youth group’s activities are:
- to engage in educational activities, e.g. publish materials, build websites, etc.;
- to support our peers (establish a help line, support groups, coming out groups, etc.);
- to join different social activities, e.g. sports, movie screenings, discussions, etc.;
- to learn and have fun together, e.g. camping, participating in various youth activities at home and abroad;
- to cooperate with other European LGBT youth organizations/groups or networks (LGL youth group is a member of ANSO – Nordic Baltic LGBT Students Organization)
An overall objective is to combine our knowledge and experience with the volunteers’ fresh ideas and creative initiatives in order to develop new tools for encouraging young people to be informed and active citizens of the EU.