The National LGBT* rights organization LGL is growing! We are recruiting for a position of project manager (eligible to work in Vilnius for a period of 1 year with possible prolongation).
- Manage cross-border projects;
- Be responsible for overall project ownership;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, ensuring deadlines are met;
- Prepare project applications and reports;
- Organize local advocacy actions and events;
- Participate in international meetings, trainings and events abroad;
- To support Executive Director and the rest of the team.
- Have sufficient amount of professional project management experience at national or international level (1 to 3 years);
- Be an excellent communicator, fluent in English (knowledge in Lithuanian and Russian would be considered as advantage);
- Experience of engaging with varied stakeholder groups in a professional capacity;
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office.
- A commitment to equal opportunities;
- A good knowledge of human rights and equality issues, particularly as they relate to LGBTI people;
- Experience working in Eastern Europe, preferably on related issues;
- Ability and willingness to work in multicultural and dynamic environment;
- High level of emotional intelligence including the ability to grasp and work within a complex organizational environment, to show sensitivity and respect for people working in different roles, and to empathize with different points of view;
- Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks;
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of how to build and maintain professional relationships;
- Experience of working in an NGO;
- Ability to relocate to Vilnius and travel on an occasional basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in human rights, political science, or related fields
What we offer:
- Dynamic and challenging work with ambitious and highly professional team;
- Supporting environment facilitating growth and achievement;
- Ability to represent organization in international meetings, trainings and events abroad.
- Relocation costs of up to €300;
- Paid travel, subsistence and accommodation for work related meetings where necessary;
- Annual holiday pay in accordance with Lithuanian regulations
WHO CAN APPLY?
Candidates must be eligible to work in Vilnius. LGL will not consider age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex characteristics, socio-economic status, ethnic identity, religious or political beliefs, (dis)ability or any other non-work related criteria in the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read through the role description and personal specification, and if you match all the essential criteria, we invite you to apply by sending your CV and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th May, 2018.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be notified by email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and unfortunately, we will not be able to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up their post as soon as possible.
Informal enquiries about the post can be sent to email@example.com.